Wednesday, March 3, 2010

32 Week Checkup & Childbirth Classes

Well we are about 32 weeks along. Only about 7 1/2 weeks to go! We had the 32 week check up yesterday and all is well. Baby "April" has officially turned to the head down position so I think we don't have to worry about her being breech. This is a relief.

Started childbirth classes yesterday as well. We both really like the instructor. The classes are at Shawnee Mission Medical Center. The most important thing we learned yesterday was when to go to the hospital. The instructor taught the 5/1/1 method--basically we will call the doctor when contractions begin or water breaks but we probably won't go to the hospital until contractions are 5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute, and this has gone on for one hour. Anyhow, good to know information and we both agree that this class will be good for us!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the classes at SM too. When I went into labor with Grant I waited for a few hours with my contractions about 5 minutes apart. I just wanted to make sure it was the real deal. I was so scared of going up to the hospital in the middle of the night, and them telling me that it was not the real deal. lol.

    ReplyDelete