Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Story of the First Few Steps....

So my Mom and I had a conversation this afternoon.  I said "You know Mom, I think Mia is going to walk very soon."  It was not more than 10 minutes later when we both looked over and Mia took her first step from holding on to a bookcase to my Dad's leg.  I am glad she saw it too.  It made it more certain.  Then out of the room for a minute and come back and she steps away from the chair my Dad is sitting in and takes two more steps away from the chair. My Mom, Dad and myself all get really excited and Mia looks at us in shock like "What did I do?"...then she just sort of stands there.  It is amazing how 2 little steps can cause so much excitement.  I am so proud of my lil gal.  She has been working hard practicing cruising for sometime now and has gotten really good with her little walking (push) toy over the last 2 weeks. Fortunately for my parents they had to babysit this evening so they go to witness this "first" for Miss Mia. Dan however was out of town and on the way to St. Louis by train.  I had to leave for work only minutes later.  But let me tell you I found many reasons to tell people at work what Mia had just accomplished....I am such a proud Mommy.

1 comment: